Food Rescue and COVID-19
Longmont Food Rescue provides an essential service of getting food to those in need, food that would otherwise go to waste. Feeding our at risk populations is even more pressing, when loss of income is being felt keenly by those who rely on each paycheck to survive. Of course, there are precautions we need to take to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
What we’re doing to protect our volunteers and recipients:
- providing gloves, masks, and sanitizer for our volunteers
- pre-packing produce for distribution at Produce in the Parking Lot
- implementing new pick up and drop off procedures to limit in-person proximity
- sanitizing prep and service surfaces with sanitizer made locally by Longmont’s own Longtucky Spirits Distillery
- and as always, our doorstep pick up system for home garden donations helps minimize face-to-face interactions, protecting volunteers and donors
How can you support our work?